May Phrases of the Month 2009
Set 2 of 5 of survival words you would need to know in order to survive a Yurok Language immersion camp
Elders: Jimmie James, Aileen Figueroa, Georgiana Trull, and Archie Thompson during the Community Language Forum at Potawot UIHS
Click on phrases to hear audio
12. Skue-yen', Good 18. Eee, Eey, Yes
13. Kem ko soch, Say it again 19. Paa', No
14. Kues son'?, Whats going on? 20. Hech-peyr'!, Listen!
15. Nee-mokw son', Nothing going on 21. Keech Ha-pehl, I forget
16. Chee-kol' son', Everything going on 22. Chee-wey-ek, I am hungry
17. Chuue-kwe-nes!, Sit down! 23. Chee-wey-em' hes?, Are you hungry?