Linda Prouty


Yurok Tribe
Klamath Office
190 Klamath Blvd
Klamath, CA 95548

The purpose of the Higher Education/AVT Program is to support and promote Tribal members who want to further their education and job skills. The Yurok Tribe offers financial assistance to tribal members to attend college or a vocational program. These scholarships are available to tribal members who are enrolled in an accredited College or Vocational School. Eligibility: Students must be a Yurok Tribal member and attending an accredited institution of higher learning. Students must be in good standing with the college in order to have continued funding.

(Funding is dependent on funds available in this program.)

Mail completed application to:  The Yurok Tribe, P.O. Box 1027, Klamath, CA  95548 or fax it to:  (707) 465-1206

Fall semester application period July 1 through September 30, 2015.  Spring semester application period December 1 through March 5, 2016.

Download the Higher Education Application Now

Students pursuing a degree in
Natural Resources

The Education Department has opened the application window for the Natural Resources Special Higher Education Scholarship from March 3rd - April 3rd, 2015.

please mail in your applications to P.O. Box 69. Klamath, CA 95548. If you have any questions please call the Higher Education Help Desk at 707-482-1350 ext. 1123

Natural Resources-Guidlines

     Natural Resources-Special Application

Yurok college students need to also consider the students rental assistance program offered by the Yurok Housing authority to full time, income eligible students, under: Yurokhousing.com

(The application is more lengthy but it can be worth it!)

Students need to look at the American Indian Graduate Center opportunities also at: aigc.com

Where to Rent or Buy College Textbooks Cheaply:




Foster Youth Chafee Grant…up to $5000

Are you a Foster Youth and need financial help for college or technical school?

To qualify, you must:

→ Be a current or former foster youth*

→ Not have reached your 22nd birthday as of July 1 of the award year *Foster youth dependency of the court must
have been established between the ages of 16 and 18.

→ Have financial need

To Apply:

→ Submit the California Chafee Grant Program Application online at www.chafee.csac.ca.gov

→ Submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov  

→ Have your school submit the Chafee Need Analysis Report (NAR) electronically or download the PDF version at www.chafee.csac.ca.gov.

Higher education applications for college are taken year-around but are subject to funding availability. They can be faxed in with the required back-up information (class schedule and previous semester grades) to the Education fax number at: 707-465-1206.

Adult Vocational Applications for vocational training schools (such as heavy equipment school, cosmetology school or police academy) open periodically when funding is available.

Be sure to keep your address up to date with the Yurok Enrollment Department to receive updates on when funding opens.
The Vocational school you select must be accredited to be eligible for funding assistance and you must show you have been accepted to the vocational school. You must also apply for other funding opportunities such as the FAFSA.


FORMS: (Requires Adobe Reader:Click to Download)


Head Start

Yurok Language


Higher ED

Success in Both Worlds Program

Goals, Accomplishments, & Mission